Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tulips. Tulips. And more Flowers.

In realizing that I was only a three hour drive away from the famous Holland Tulips, my mother said, "you must go."

So I went. HA. Its that easy.

A trio of other au pairs and I first drove to Haarlem (of which the New York Harlem is named after). We saw some parade floats decorated in flowers.
 (Not shown, the tractor pulling the float, which was a New Holland!!!!) 


And then headed south, a quick twenty minute drive to the famous Keukerhof Gardens that house the majority of the Holland Tulips and sit right on the edge of the Tulip fields.



We decided to go to the slightly expensive gardens as the tulip fields were not all in bloom. It was the first weekend in May, and towards the end of an early blooming season. The gardens were well worth the visit.




Quick note, Holland, is simply a state name in The Netherlands. The country is not called, Holland. There is north and south Holland within The Netherlands. Its like calling the entire USA "Dakota". 

Within the gardens we found lots of flowers, and lots of photo opportunities.





There was a hedge maze.


A small petting zoo.

An orchid show.



And adorableness everywhere.





2 comments:

  1. Amazing shots, Amelia! I especially love the fifth one down.

    Now that I'm caught up reading Caitlin's blog, my next project is to get caught up on yours! I'm a bad blog reader ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are crazy beautiful, also I never knew that about the Netherlands and now I feel really ignorant. Windmills!!!!!

    ReplyDelete